· Finalize the event order.
· Print menu cards, if you like, as well as programs. No need to go to a printer, if that’s not in your budget: You can easily create these on your computer.
· Review the playlist with the band or DJ. Though you probably won’t be able to dictate every single song played, you should come prepared with a wish list.
· Send out the invitations. The rule of thumb: Mail invitations six to eight weeks before the event, setting the RSVP cutoff at three weeks after the postmark date.
· Submit a newspaper announcement. If you’re planning to include a photograph, check the publication’s website: Some have strict rules about how the photo should look.