· Check on the wedding invitations. Ask the stationer for samples of the finished invitations and revise them to suit your needs.
· Select and order the cake. Some bakers require a long lead time. Attend several tastings before committing to any baker.
· Send your guest list to the host of your shower. Provided you know about the shower.
· Purchase wedding shoes and start dress fittings. Bring the shoes along to your first fitting so the tailor can choose the appropriate length for your gown.
· Book the rehearsal-dinner venue. Negotiate the cost and the menu. If you’re planning to host a day-after brunch for guests, book that place as well.
· Schedule hair and makeup artists. Make a few appointments with local experts to try them out. Snap a photo at each so you can compare results.
· Choose your music. What should be playing when the wedding party is announced? During dinner? To kick off the dancing? Keep a running list of what you want—and do not want—played
Click here to download this checklist as a PDF.